- Mr Kevin Dardis
Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
• To acquire an understanding of central marketing concepts.
• To understand the strategic role of marketing.
• To develop an understanding of the elements of the marketing mix and how these elements interact to achieve success in the market place.
• To identify and to address some key decisions facing marketing managers.
• To practice the discipline of analysing marketing problems or opportunities, identifying and evaluating alternative solutions and implementing marketing plans.
The session topics are indicative and subject to changes
Session 1: Introduction to marketing
Session 2: Marketing research and analytics
Session 3: Market segmentation, targeting and positioning
Session 4: Understanding consumer behaviour
Session 5: Social media marketing
Session 6: Create values for customers
Session 7: Marketing and sustainable businesses
Session 8: Manage marketing channels
Session 9: Advertising and branding
Session 10: International business strategy and product localization
Session 11: Entrepreneurship and start-up to the market leader
Session 12: Project presentation
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Assignment: Students are required to submit two assignments for case questions.||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Attendance: Students need to attend the class and participate in case discussions.||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Group Project: Students will work in groups to design a marketing plan for a chosen product.||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|In-Module Resit||Prior to relevant Programme Exam Board|
• Feedback individually to students, on an activity or draft prior to summative assessment
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
• Peer review activities
Not yet recorded.