- Business Management
- Dr Alessio Cozzolino
Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
• Understand the drivers of technological changes and their consequences for organizations and markets
• Use and apply existing models to predict strategic outcomes and changes in the competitive positioning of firms
• Identify and analyze the relationship between technological innovation and firms’ advantage, and better interpret some of today’s industry transformations, such as the rise of platforms and ecosystems, potential disruptions (e.g., AI, Blockchain) and business model innovation.
• Explain key concepts such as: industry evolution, product and process innovation, disruptive innovations, organizational adaptation, strategic alliances.
• Develop their strategic thinking through the new lens, of innovation management
• Improve their skills in analysing complex situations and discuss them through case study analysis and presentation.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Continuous Assessment: Group case and reading analyses||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Examination: Individual in-person examination||Week 11||No||Graded||No||
|Group Project: Final Group Project||Week 12||n/a||Graded||No||
|Continuous Assessment: Individual Class Contribution||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, on an activity or draft prior to summative assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
• Self-assessment activities
A mix of group and individual feedback is provided orally in class and out of class. Self-assessment activities are also employed in the form of discussions and self-reflection on in-class student work.
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 5||Fri 10:00 - 12:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 13||Mon 10:00 - 12:50|
|External & School Exams||Offering 1||Week(s) - 12||Mon 14:00 - 15:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 13||Mon 14:00 - 16:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10||Tues 15:00 - 17:50|