- Business Management
- Assoc Professor Dorota Piaskowska
Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of the module, you will be expected to be able to:
- Understand and critically appraise the principles underlying organisational strategies
- Apply the concepts and techniques of strategy to (a) analyse internal and external context in which strategies are shaped and implemented and (b) diagnose the reasons for superior or inferior performance of firms
- Apply the theoretical principles and analytic techniques of strategy to identify and critically appraise strategic options and possible courses of action for a firm
- Actively communicate your knowledge of strategy concepts, analysis and conclusions in individual and group settings.
For complete details, please refer to module syllabus (available in Brightspace from the start of the term).
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
As part of this specialised MSc programme, students have the opportunity to deepen their insight into strategy and related subjects. Students undertaking this module are expected to be familiar with the foundational concepts in at least two of the following areas: strategy, business management, macroeconomics, corporate finance, accounting.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Continuous Assessment: Group project||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Continuous Assessment: Strategic analysis practice||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Examination: End-of-term assessment||2 hour End of Trimester Exam||No||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
Not yet recorded.
|Assoc Professor Dorota Piaskowska||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|