- Jack Massey
Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
Upon completion of this module participants should be able to:
• Discuss potential financial objectives of organisations, and necessary protections for the providers of capital;
• Evaluate the financing requirements of an organisation, and the optimal strategies for meeting those requirements via debt, equity and other sources of capital;
• Evaluate investment opportunities, including mergers and acquisition.
Financial managers need to decide what investments their organisations should make, and how their organisations should fund those investments. This course explores the answers to these two questions by studying the formulation of corporate financial strategy in terms of investment decisions and financing decisions.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Examination: End of term examination||2 hour End of Trimester Exam||No||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Continuous Assessment: Class participation and preparation, in particular diligent completion of assigned exercises online.||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
|Spring||Yes - 2 Hour|
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
• Online automated feedback
Questions/exercises will be completed weekly by students via Brightspace Quizzes. Grades and solutions will then be provided online automated via Brightspace, with further group feedback and an opportunity for questions and discussions provided in class.
|Jack Massey||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|