- Dr Anshu Suri
Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
• Understand the different types of digital formats, platforms and tools that are available to businesses today.
• Gain a deep understanding of the processes, technologies and mechanisms that are involved in digitalizing businesses.
• Understand the importance as well as practical implications of omnichannel retail formats.
• Be able to successfully employ marketing and advertising techniques in the digital landscape.
• Learn to leverage retail data available to digital business, in order to formulate business insights.
• Gain an understanding of “newer” formats (such as peer-to-peer markets and sharing economy) of digital retailing.
• Become acquainted with current and future trends in digital retail.
1. Digital Retail: Introduction, definitions, concepts, and types of e-commerce
2. Business & Revenue Models
3. Building an online presence
4. Marketing and advertising in digital retail
5. The power of data (SEO, Analytics, etc.)
6. Social, mobile, and local marketing
7. Pricing in digital media
8. Omnichannel retail management
9. Innovative digital commerce models: Sharing Economy and P2P Commerce; Subscriptions: from meal kits to cosmetics
10. Impact of Covid-19 on digital retail
11. Current and future trends in digital retail
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Group Project: Develop and implement digital retail strategies to attract and convert consumers for a business.||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Continuous Assessment: Individual cases||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Continuous Assessment: In-class participation||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
Not yet recorded.