- Management Information Systems
- Dr Gianluca Miscione
Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completing this module, students will be able to:
- explore a new domain of practice or identify gaps in current understandings about it,
- identify a relevant angle to focus their study and activities,
- find relevant studies, concepts, theories, empirical materials, to conduct their study,
- critically assess advantages, disadvantages, and appropriateness of different approaches.
On completing the independent study path, student will have:
1. exercised their creative, questioning, analytical, and writing skills in a focused and practical manner,
2. acquired an in-depth understanding of a topic of their interest,
3. experienced and understood the steps involved in conducting a study, also for practical purposes,
4. learned to communicate the study’s results in a coherent and well-structured manner.
In sum, students would become able to conduct a study also for practical purposes and critically assess their own findings.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Essay: Depending on the study approach agreed upon with the module coordinator and study supervisor, the submittable can be a research paper or a design science/action research report.||Coursework (End of Trimester)||n/a||Graded||Yes||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, on an activity or draft prior to summative assessment
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
Reading group meetings will review work-in-progress writing of the research article for formative feedback. Summative feedback on individual presentations and term paper at end of term.
There are no rows to display