- Management Information Systems
- Dr Simeon Vidolov
Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completing this module students should be able to:
· Critically assess the role of information, technology and knowledge in contemporary organisations.
· Demonstrate a sophisticated understanding of the different ways in which new collaborative and mobile computing technologies are implicated in transforming work and organising practices. In particular, practices associated with: communication, knowledge creation/sharing, and learning; surveillance and organisational control; the coordination of distributed work and the emergence of new modes of collaborative production.
· Demonstrate a sound and actionable understanding of the management implications of these emergent forms of work and ICT-enabled organisational innovation.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Seminar (or Webinar)||
|Specified Learning Activities||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Essay: An essay that synthesises your main learnings from the module and offers a critical reflection on the personal significance and implications of the material for you.||Coursework (End of Trimester)||n/a||Graded||No||
|Continuous Assessment: Student contribution throughout the term: based on short written reflections submitted each week and on contributions to on-going class discussions.||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Presentation: Short group presentation, based upon students' critical assessment of prescribed reading. Each student will only be required to contribute to one presentation over the course of the term.||Varies over the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
Individual feedback will be provided on student presentations. General group/class feedback will be provided regularly on the weekly reflections submitted and the reflective essay.
There are no rows to display