- Dr Cormac MacFhionnlaoich
Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On successful completion of this module students will:
1. Be able to explain why and how current developments in financial technology
are driving the digital transformation in financial services.
2. Understand the Blockchain system and other key recent technological
innovations that have now become finance industry tools.
3. In particular have understanding of how Blockchain is applied to support
Cryptocurrencies and the changes these have brought to finance.
4. Be able to relate case study examples of Fintech’s application in industry today.
5. Have the knowledge and vocabulary to enable finance professionals and digital
technology professionals to constructively engage in advancing Fintech to
further improve the quality and range of financial services.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Continuous Assessment: In class participation||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Group Project: Group Project||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Examination: End of Trimester exam||Unspecified||Yes||Graded||No||
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|In-Module Resit||Prior to relevant Programme Exam Board|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
Not yet recorded.
There are no rows to display