- Business Management
- Dr Kate Collins
Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module students should be able to:
1) Demonstrate a succinct understanding and appropriate critique of the scholarly literature relevant to their research topic
2) State and defend the importance of an appropriate business research question
3) Demonstrate an ability to conduct business research in a competent, effective, and ethically appropriate manner
4) Demonstrate an ability to plan, collect, and analyse data relevant to the research question
5) Demonstrate an ability to present the study and its findings in writing. The final project presentation must include the theoretical context for the study, the importance of the research question, the appropriateness of the methodology and data analysis, and defend the conclusion that were drawn.
At each session we will cover different stages of the research process:
Session 1) module overview and setting research questions
Session 2) Research Methodology
Session 3) Data Analysis
Session 4) one to one appointments with students.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Assignment: Proposal||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Assignment: Final Report||Coursework (End of Trimester)||n/a||Graded||No||
|Continuous Assessment: Online Discussion Posts||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Peer review activities
Students are given individual feedback on all assessments submitted. There is also peer review as students discuss some of the methodological concepts on the module. Students are free to contact the module coordinator at any point and submit drafts for feedback in advance of the final one to one appointments.
|Dr Orna O'Brien||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Dr Christina Burke||Tutor|
|Dr Kate Collins||Tutor|
|Mr Gerard Dooley||Tutor|
|Ms Louisa Meehan||Tutor|