- Business Management
- Dr Camilla Noonan
Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module participants will be expected to:
- Understand the various conceptualisations of strategy - the key concepts, frameworks etc.
- Apply the most appropriate strategy tools when analysing different business contexts.
- Illustrate strategic concepts via module case studies
- Appreciate the various challenges associated with internationalisation.
- Appreciate the challenges associated with strategy execution and the role or influence of managers/leaders in these activities.
The concept of strategy
The Industry/external conceptualisation of strategy
The Resource/internal conceptualisation of strategy
The nature and sources of competitive advantage
Challenges of sustaining competitive advantage
Technology based industries and the management of innovation
Challenges of organising for performance – The role of structure
Challenges of organising for performance - beyond structure
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Continuous Assessment: Participation||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Examination: Open book exam||2 hour End of Trimester Exam||No||Graded||No||
|Assignment: Group project||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
|Summer||Yes - 2 Hour|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
Group Project - Group feedback post assessment Participation - Students can expect feedback on their contributions during classroom discussion