- Mr Shane Lyons
Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
What Will I Learn?
• Upon completion of this course, students will have advanced knowledge of how search engines work, the difference between SEO and PPC and how the two channels can best work together.
• They will choose a client/website to work on and create an AdWords account with a view to driving PPC traffic to that site.
• From an SEO perspective they will benchmark their chosen sites Organic performance and then carry out best practice SEO techniques to improve and boost performance.
• They will also learn about Google Analytics and its importance in measuring on-site actions.
• Over the course of the module the students will complete the Google Ads exams and so will be Google certified
• In the final two weeks the students will present their search strategies to the wider team and touch on insights, discoveries they have made.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Assignment: Google Certification||Coursework (End of Trimester)||n/a||Graded||No||
|Continuous Assessment: Active Class Participation||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Continuous Assessment: SEA/SEO Applied Project||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
|Summer||Yes - 2 Hour|
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
We will debrief assignments in class or via a debriefing document