- Dr John McCallig
Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completing this module, you will be able to:
1. Identify and critically evaluate theoretical perspectives on corporate governance and their practical application
2. Critically appraise developments in best practice governance (rules and principles)
3. Research and apply the myriad of information sources on corporate governance
4. Promote corporate governance themes and best practice within an employing and/or client organisation
5. Analyse and evaluate the efficacy of the corporate governance framework and/or processes within an employing and/or client organisation
6. Reflectively apply the concepts of probity and ethical standards in governance
7. Apply professional knowledge and skills to the resolution of practical ethical/corporate governance issues and problems
The Corporate Governance and Ethics module explores corporate governance theories, best practice principles and their application in organizational settings. It also considers the ethical dimension of corporate governance, organisations relationship with stakeholders and the importance of corporate culture to the longevity of organisations.
Knowledge will be co-constructed as students will be required to consider and critically evaluate the theoretical perspectives and best practice approaches, relating them to their own professional experience and/or general business knowledge. Apart from presenting best practice principles and their application in a general organizational setting, this module strives to integrate an ethical dimension in the decision-making processes of those governing organizations.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Continuous Assessment: Various||Varies over the Trimester||n/a||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Examination: Terminal Examination||2 hour End of Trimester Exam||No||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
|Autumn||Yes - 2 Hour|
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
Not yet recorded.