- Dermot Hardy
Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completing this module, you will be able to:
1) Understand the mechanics of securitisation, structured credit and other secured funding structures.
2) Identify the risks inherent in complex structured financial instruments and be able to access structural risks, credit risks associated with collateral and counterparty risk.
3) Understand the roles of the different market participants including regulators, originators/issuers, rating agencies and investment banks and structurers.
4) Describe the role of structured finance in underpinning real economic growth as well as the flaws which contributed to the 2007-08 global financial crisis and how they were remedied.
5) Have an in-depth discussion with market practitioners on the current state of the structured finance market and have views on its future direction.
1. Introduction to structured finance
2. Interest Rates & Credit Derivatives
4. Synthetic Securitisation
5. Different Synthetic Securitisation Structure
6. Credit Linked Notes
7. Secured Funding Structures
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Group Project: A Group Presentation on a topic assigned/agreed with the lecturer||Unspecified||n/a||Graded||No||
|Examination: Final Examination||Unspecified||No||Graded||No||
|Group Project: A Group Report on the topic assigned/agreed with the lecturer||Unspecified||n/a||Graded||No||
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|In-Module Resit||Prior to relevant Programme Exam Board|
• Feedback individually to students, on an activity or draft prior to summative assessment
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
Not yet recorded.
There are no rows to display