- Management Information Systems
- Assoc Professor Peter Keenan
Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
- Develop mathematical models and execute model-based analysis.
- Design and implement algorithms to solve practical optimization problems.
- Apply common analytic methods to make better decisions in complex problems
- Create both Excel solver models and Visual Basic applications for optimization
Metaheuristics I: GRASP
Metaheuristics II: Tabu Search
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Examination: The exam consists of the modelling and resolution with Excel of optimization problems that arise in practical business situations similar to those explained in the class.||Coursework (End of Trimester)||Yes||Graded||No||
|Project: There is a project assignment and will count towards the final grade. It basically consists on implementing a heuristic algorithm to solve a combinatorial optimization problem.||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|In-Module Resit||Prior to relevant Programme Exam Board|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
Not yet recorded.
|Mr Rafael Marti Cunquero||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
There are no rows to display