- Assoc Professor Thomas Conlon
Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module students should: -
1. Understand why shareholder wealth maximisation is considered to be the primary objective of a business.
2. Achieve a good practical understanding of the 3 principal financial decisions that flow from shareholder wealth maximisation, namely
i) the financing decision,
ii) the investment decision, and,
iii) the dividend decision.
3. Appreciate the theoretical principles associated with the 3 principal financial decisions.
4. Develop an understanding of functional financial decisions, such as mergers and asset valuation.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Project: Individual Project||Coursework (End of Trimester)||n/a||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Examination: Short in-class MCQ assessment||1 hour End of Trimester Exam||No||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|In-Module Resit||Prior to relevant Programme Exam Board|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
Not yet recorded.