- Dr Seán O'Reilly
Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
By the end of this module, students will be able to:
- Assess the relationship between technology and a firm’s strategy.
- Advise on data and technology strategy.
- Understand Data’s relationship to strategic assets and transformation.
- Demonstrate understanding of the Data Analytics ecosystem (including emerging technologies).
- Assess the value and maturity of Data.
- Describe the relation between data and information.
- Understand and define the principles of Data Analytics.
- Display a developed awareness of potential issues within Data Analysis and the makeup of good-quality data.
- Produce a Step-by-Step Plan for performing Data Analysis.
- Demonstrate understanding of the Analytics Lifecycle and the CRISP-DM methodology.
- Describe and discuss Data Protection issues and Ethics relevant to Data Analytics.
- Format data to create insights and inform strategic decisions.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
|Computer Aided Lab||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Group Project: Group Project - Report and Presentation||Week 12||n/a||Alternative non-linear conversion grade scale 50%||Yes||
|Continuous Assessment: Individual Continuous Assessment - Students to undertake an individual project using Tableau.||Week 10||n/a||Alternative non-linear conversion grade scale 50%||Yes||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
Results presented online. Individual meetings and feedback through the student reps forum if necessary.
|Mr Adrian Mullins||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|