Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module students should be able to:
- Appreciate the complexities associated with constructing Molecular Phylogenies.
- Interpret and critically evaluate the literature within the field.
- Understand the methodogies in the construction of both morphological and molecular phylogenies.
- Review critically unseen research material and summarise the key methods and findings.
- Have an appreciation of mammalian evolutionary history and molecular phylogenetics contribution to it.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
This is an advanced module and requires a detailed knowledge of Genetics and Molecular Biology. Students should have taken at least two modules at Level 3 in related disciplines.
The Evolutionary Biology Module (ZOOL 30030) is highly recommended.
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
|Spring||Yes - 2 Hour|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
The project will be discussed in class. Tutors will discuss project and methodology pre-final task. Student can receive individual feedback, post assessment.
|Dr Graham Hughes||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 1, 2, 3, 4||Mon 11:00 - 11:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 1, 2, 3, 4||Tues 14:00 - 14:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 1, 2, 3, 4||Wed 12:00 - 12:50|