Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
(1) Students will understand the roots of and current trends in sociological research.
(2) Students will understand the strengths and limitations of quantitative and qualitative research methods.
(3) Students will identify research goals and determine appropriate research strategies
(4) Students will link research with presentation in the form of written research proposals
Students will leave this module with a fully-drafted, reviewed and feasible research proposal for their minor dissertation or capstone project.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Autonomous Student Learning||
|Seminar (or Webinar)||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Essay: Submission of final proposal.||Week 12||n/a||Graded||No||
|Continuous Assessment: Initial abstract and proposal outline||Unspecified||n/a||Graded||No||
|Presentation: Presentation of final draft of project proposal.||Week 11||n/a||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, on an activity or draft prior to summative assessment
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
Not yet recorded.
|Dr Arjumand Younus||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|