Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
(1) Demonstrate ability to critically analyse theories of population change and demographic dynamics.
(2) Show capacity to critically apply theories and concepts of migration, fertility, mortality and newer demographic topics.
(3) Engage with key debates in population studies.
(4) Demonstrate basic understanding of key methodological approaches to measure population dynamics.
(1) Exhibit personal, social and communication skills needed to participate in small-group sessions to develop and independent research project;
(2) Demonstrate critical writing ability to construct, support and summarise argument that links theory and methods in the analysis of demographic change.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Assignment: Second Critical reflection on readings||Unspecified||n/a||Graded||No||
|Assignment: First critical reflection on readings||Unspecified||n/a||Graded||No||
|Attendance: Active participation in online, small-group sessions to develop independent project||Unspecified||n/a||Other||No||
|Examination: Final comprehensive examination||Unspecified||Yes||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, on an activity or draft prior to summative assessment
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
Not yet recorded.
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 23, 24, 25, 28||Fri 14:00 - 14:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 23, 24, 25, 28, 32||Mon 11:00 - 11:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 29, 30||Mon 11:00 - 11:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 19, 20, 21, 22||Mon 11:00 - 12:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 19, 20, 21, 29, 30||Wed 13:00 - 14:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 23, 24, 25, 28, 32||Wed 14:00 - 14:50|