Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
• demonstrate an awareness of how crime and deviance are defined and measured, and the consequences of this;
• describe the key features of crime in Ireland;
• provide a detailed description and assessment of the main theoretical frameworks that seek to explain crime and deviance;
• demonstrate an understanding of the social context of crime, in terms of such factors as gender, age, and race/ethnicity; and
• demonstrate an understanding of the nature and dynamics of particular forms of crime.
|Student Effort Type
|Autonomous Student Learning
Not applicable to this module.
|Yes - 2 Hour
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
Students will be provided with written feedback on any assignments after they have been graded.