Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
At the end of the module, students should be able to:
1. Understand the role and process of marketing in a challenging business environment.
2. Assess the strategic nature of brand development and management in a sport context.
3. Analyse the role of digital communities and social media in sport organisations
4. Develop and implement sponsorship strategies to launch and position new products.
5. Critically reflect on core concepts and techniques of communications in sport.
6. Create a communications strategy and campaign for a sport-related event or organization.
7. Utilize qualitative and quantitative research/diagnostic tools for market research.
• Strategic marketing planning
• Developing a brand
• The strategic value of sponsorship
• Using social media as a marketing medium
• The fundamentals of a media launch
• Communications in a crisis
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Assignment: Individual Assignment||Unspecified||n/a||Graded||No||
|Group Project: Group Presentation & Report||Unspecified||n/a||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
Students will be provided with group feedback from the module leader post assessment of their group report and presentation. Students will also be provided with feedback on their individual assignment post assessment.
|Ms Sinead Galvin||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|