Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
This module will examine theoretical and applied topics in sport, exercise and health psychology. On completion of this module, students will:
1. Understand how psychological factors influence involvement and performance in sport and exercise settings.
2. Develop knowledge of relevant psychological theories.
3. Develop awareness of how sport, exercise and health psychology can be applied with various populations.
4. Critically evaluate the role of psychological factors within selected sport, exercise and health case studies.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Multiple Choice Questionnaire: An online MCQ exam.||Week 6||n/a||Alternative linear conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Multiple Choice Questionnaire: An online MCQ exam.||Week 12||n/a||Alternative linear conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
|Spring||Yes - 1 Hour|
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
• Self-assessment activities
Feedback will be provided to students in a number of ways during this module. Technology will be used in-class for students to quickly gauge their understanding of psychological constructs. Students will be provided with feedback through the grading process for their quizzes. Class feedback will be provided after the first MCQ exam in Week 6 of the trimester.
|Dr Kate O'Keeffe||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Mrs Karen Ryan||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|