Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this modules students should be able to:
1. Observe and draw accurately by employing sight/size methodology.
2. Organise compositional space informed by traditional and contemporary approaches.
3. Investigate drawing materials and various approaches to drawing
4. Employ gestural and analytical methods of observational drawing.
5. Model and observe light, form and structure.
6. Use perspectival and architectural drawing methods in the construction and composition of 2D space.
7. Learn and recognise the basic anatomical structure of the human figure
Course content ranges from sight size observation, spatial organisation to in-depth anatomical study (classes include life drawing from the model).
Investigation of materials and drawing approaches. Gestural and analytical methodologies. Observation of light, form and structure. Perspectival and architectural drawing methods. Introduction to how contemporary and historical art drawing practices.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, on an activity or draft prior to summative assessment
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
Students will receive written feedback on course completion. Continuous assessments: Learner Progress reports, learner reviews, project presentation, group crits, learning portfolios.
|Ms Emer O'Boyle||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|