Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
What Will I learn?
- Time management - how to manage your time to get a project completed on time.
- Understand and be able to plan a project.
- Understand the importance of and how to use, delegation in management.
- Improve your communication skills by participating in group discussions
- Use Microsoft Project (or similar package) to create project plans and Gantt charts
- Define and explain the role of motivation and goal setting in project management
- Understand the issues and approaches to dealing with difficult people
- Become familiar with some of the principle of behavioural science and how they influence decision making
- Understand the importance of communication and negotiation in project management and leadership.
- Understand and apply a structured process in effective decision making.
Introduction to different aspects of project management (PM): nature of projects and PM, project budget, scope, schedule, quality, HR requirements, communications, risk, procurement and stakeholders.
Time management techniques, prioritisation and use of lists. Nature of leadership. Stephen Covey's 7 habits. Behavioural Science: cognitive biases, influencing people, and decision making methodology. Thinking environments. Conversations and leadership. Negotiation techniques.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
|Computer Aided Lab||
Not applicable to this module.
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|Repeat||Within Two Trimesters|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Self-assessment activities
Not yet recorded.
|Mrs Niamh Byrne McKenna||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - Autumn: All Weeks||Thurs 15:00 - 15:50|
|External & School Exams||Offering 1||Week(s) - 12||Thurs 16:00 - 16:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - Autumn: All Weeks||Tues 15:00 - 15:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33||Thurs 15:00 - 15:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33||Tues 15:00 - 15:50|