Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
The aim of this module is to contribute to the development of well-informed and skilled graduates who can compete effectively in the labour market and beyond, as well as excel in their chosen career.
This module will provide students with the opportunity to:
· Develop self-awareness and understand the importance of reflective practice and its role in effective, continuous professional development.
· Reflect on and assimilate information to help inform future career planning.
· Structure and communicate ideas effectively, orally and in writing.
· Recognise the skills, qualities and abilities graduate employers seek in potential employees, and how they are evaluated.
· Identify methods used to assess candidates during selection processes.
· Understand how to exploit their skills in sourcing, securing and excelling in their chosen future career.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
|Seminar (or Webinar)||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Seminar: Face to face interactive workshops||Unspecified||n/a||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Portfolio: Personal development portfolio||Unspecified||n/a||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Assignment: Informational Interview||Unspecified||n/a||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|In-Module Resit||Prior to relevant Programme Exam Board|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
Students encouraged and welcome to contact lecturer during trimester
|Ms Leona Barry||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Ms Edel Caraway||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Ms Lesley-Anne Carey||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Ms Michelle Coen||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Mr Mark Cumisky||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Ms Amy Fox||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Dr Aisling Harkin||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Ms Leonie Phipps||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Ms Orla Sherwood||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Mr Eamonn McHugh||Tutor|
|Ms Sorcha Mulcahy||Tutor|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - Autumn: All Weeks||Tues 13:00 - 13:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32||Tues 13:00 - 13:50|