Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
1. Understand the theories of leadership and evaluate the type of leadership in their own departments and their personal leadership style.
2. Analyse quality & risk management, safety & clinical audit theory & best practice guidelines and to critically appraise both their own role in quality management and how guidelines are practised in their own departments.
3. Summarise basic research principles and evaluate how current research could be implemented in practice.
4. Consider legal and ethical principles relevant to the students imaging modality.
5. Understand principles of financial management and the current processes within their department and critically evaluate areas of cost effectiveness in their modality.
6. Understand current principles on patient engagement in healthcare and evaluate their own personal and departmental approach to patient experience and advocacy.
7. Appreciate infection control principles and management in general and relevant to their own practice
8. Understand and analyse aspects of operational workflow, organisational behaviour and human resources relevant to their own practice, department and modality.
Key topics that will be addressed in the module include leadership; quality and risk management; financial considerations; teamwork, conflict and communication; infection control management; legal and ethical principles; patient experience; general radiology operations.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Autonomous Student Learning||
It is recommended that all students are working currently in a radiology department.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Assignment: Students will be required to attend 2 study days and produce a reflection on each study day, relevant to their area of work.||Unspecified||n/a||Graded||No||
|Assignment: Students will complete an assignment relevant to their clinical practice, module learning outcomes and area of interest.||Coursework (End of Trimester)||n/a||Graded||No||
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|In-Module Resit||Prior to relevant Programme Exam Board|
• Feedback individually to students, on an activity or draft prior to summative assessment
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
Students will be given individual feedback on assessment & group feedback will also be offered. For the end of semester assignment, students will be given the opportunity to submit a draft and receive feedback.
|Ms Therese Herlihy||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Dr Mary Moran||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 10||Thurs 09:00 - 16:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 6, 10||Thurs 09:00 - 16:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 2, 6, 10||Tues 14:00 - 16:50|