Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
1. Discuss the principles of RNI and PETCT imaging;
2. Discuss Radiopharmacy practice and QA;
3. Understand radiation issues in RNI and PETCT;
4. Discuss equipment QA
5. Justify RNI/PETCT application/examination for a given clinical scenario based on clinical guidelines and evidence;
6. Be able to describe how to perform RNI and PETCT examinations for a variety of anatomical areas;
7. Understand and demonstrate an ability to perform RNI and PETCT examinations safely; infection control, patient preparation and care, radiation protection: patient/staff/public.
8. Demonstrate an ability to recognise, describe and interpret anatomy and pathology on RNI and PETCT images for case studies included in the lecture series.
9. Have an understanding of cutting edge developments and future developments in RNI and PET.
Key topics covered are indicated in the learning outcome section:
Technology of RNI / PET
Radiopharmacy for RNI and PET/CT
Clinical and Practical considerations for a range of commonly performed procedures.
Radiographic Techniques for a range of commonly performed procedures.
RNI/PET QA and Safety
Clinical case studies: RNI/PET
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Examination: End of trimester exam, may contain image based questions||2 hour End of Trimester Exam||No||Graded||No||
|Multiple Choice Questionnaire: Mid Trimester||Varies over the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
Not yet recorded.
|Mr Jaka Potocnik||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10||Mon 10:00 - 10:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12||Mon 14:00 - 14:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 2, 9, 10||Tues 12:00 - 12:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 3, 4, 5, 6, 11||Tues 12:00 - 12:50|
|External & School Exams||Offering 1||Week(s) - 7||Tues 12:00 - 12:50|
|External & School Exams||Offering 1||Week(s) - 8||Tues 12:00 - 12:50|
|Small Group||Offering 1||Week(s) - 1||Tues 12:00 - 13:50|
|Small Group||Offering 1||Week(s) - 12||Wed 12:00 - 12:50|