Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
• Understand the concept of Green Care and its contribution to people’s health, well-being and social inclusion with reference to different national contexts
• Map the scope, nature and range of Green Care initiatives that are underway in various regional and national settings in terms of the different target groups, institutional arrangements, governance structures and business models, among other things.
• Demonstrate how the concepts of Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship are applied in the context of Green Care in different settings and national situations.
• Illustrate how different regulatory and legislative contexts impact how Green Care initiatives operate in different sectors and countries.
• Understand the structure, function, development, and emerging trends/prospects related to the markets for Green Care services in different sectoral and national contexts.
• Identify and analyse a range of best practice models of Social Innovation and Social Entrepreneurship as applied to different Green Care settings and context.
• Apply key concepts from the theory and practice of Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship to the development of scenarios related to the entrepreneurial management of Green Care initiatives in various fields and contexts.
• Identify and apply relevant business management tools to the development of scenarios related to the entrepreneurial management of Green Care initiatives in various fields and contexts.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Assignment: Assignment based on submission of individual report combining theoretical and practical aspects of course material||Week 12||n/a||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Continuous Assessment: Exercises will consist of discussion posts, peer review exercises and groupwork exercises||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Peer review activities
• Self-assessment activities
For much of the continuous assessment process, self-assessment and peer-review feedback will be used. Prompt feedback will be provided to discussion posts as activities will be moderated. Feedback on final assignment will be provided within 15 days.