Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module students will have acquired the following knowledge:
1. Ability to critically appraise theoretical, diagnostic and administrative definitions of disability.
2. Evaluate models of disability and their contribution in shaping supports for people with disabilities.
3. Understanding of specific physical, sensory, intellectual and developmental disability and ability to critically assess appropriate supports for individuals who have these disabilities.
4. Ability to use insights from the module to identify and reflect on the issues evident when supporting individuals with disability.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Where taken as part of MSc in Disability students are required to comply with module requirements for this programme.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Attendance: Attendance and participation||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Alternative linear conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Assignment: End of year assignment||Coursework (End of Trimester)||n/a||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Assignment: Mid-term assignment||Unspecified||n/a||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
Not yet recorded.