Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On successful completion of this module, students should have an enhanced understanding of the following topics, and the relevant academic literature:
- Explain the historical development of the European integration project from its beginnings as the European Coal and Steel Community to the institution we see today;
- Understand the major theories of EU integration and use them to analyse European integration;
- The contemporary politics of the EU, including the objectives and functioning of its institutions;
- How the EU has influenced both public opinion and the positions taken by political parties;
- Discuss the current and future challenges facing the EU in light of the theories discussed throughout the module;
- Critically engage with academic writings and theories; and
- Explain key concepts about integration to others both verbally and in writing.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Assignment: Discussion Questions||Unspecified||n/a||Graded||No||
|Project: Proposal Outline||Unspecified||n/a||Graded||No||
|Project: Research Proposal||Unspecified||n/a||Graded||No||
|Group Project: Peer Review Project||Unspecified||n/a||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
• Peer review activities
Not yet recorded.