Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
Over the course of the semester, students will:
1. Understand the scope of urban design, and the contrasting perspectives that can frame it;
2. Learn about the analysis of townscape, its role in understanding the character of urban places, and basic techniques for graphic communication;
3. Develop an awareness of the roles of the planning system, related processes, and different actors in the urban design process;
4. Gain an understanding of the relationship between character, built heritage and urban conservation;
5. Become familiar with the core principles of urban design.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Assignment: End of trimester assignment||Week 12||n/a||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, on an activity or draft prior to summative assessment
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
Students attend a tutorial session that builds upon lecture and reading material, to support students in completing the module assignment. Students present their individual work to a small tutorial group to receive formative feedback on tasks completed in advance of the tutorials.
|Mr Michael Hayes||Tutor|