Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module the student will,
1. have a thorough understanding of the Special Theory of Relativity and its applications,
2. understand the algebraic and diagramatic techniques used and,
3. be able to solve detailed problems in Special Relativiy.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
It is recommended that students have at least an H5 in Leaving Certificate Physics, or equivalent, to take the module in first year of the Science programme.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Continuous Assessment: Homework problems||Week 9||n/a||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Continuous Assessment: Midterm homework||Week 6||n/a||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Continuous Assessment: Homework problems||Week 4||n/a||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Examination: End of trimester exam||2 hour End of Trimester Exam||No||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
|Spring||Yes - 2 Hour|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
Not yet recorded.
|Ms Angela Dunne O'Toole||Tutor|