Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
- Understand the role that HTA has in the decision-making process to fund new medical programs, new drugs or medical devices.
- Identify the different types of Health Economic Evaluations
- Identify the different models used ( we won't cover the models in depth)
- Understand the sources used to prepare a health technology assessment
-Critically appraise a health economic evaluation paper and an HTA report.
Elements of a Health Technology Assessment
Types of Health Economic Evaluations ( Cost-effectiveness analysis, Cost-utility analysis and Cost-benefit analysis)
Cost sources, Effectiveness sources, Health Utilities sources
Types of models and assumptions ( Introduction only)
Budget Impact Analysis
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Some knowledge of evidence-based medicine is desirable.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Group Project: Critically appraisal of a health economic evaluation||Week 5||n/a||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||Yes||
|Assignment: Problem-based assignment||Week 12||n/a||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||Yes||
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|In-Module Resit||Prior to relevant Programme Exam Board|
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
Group feedback provided on the day of the presentation. Final assignment feedback provided to the class.