Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module the student should have a broad understanding of the ranges of medical devices used, their underlying operation, and how they integrate with Health IT systems, including areas of risk.Indicative Module Content:
On successful completion of this module, students will have a broad understanding of the following topics:
• Medical Imaging Technologies (Radiology, Endoscopy, Clin Photography, Digital Pathology, etc).
• Physiological Measurement Devices.
• Anaesthetic and Critical Care Medical Devices.
• The use of ICT and Informatics in the medical devices area.
• Data types and quantities related to Medical Devices.
• Data security aspects related to Medical Devices.
• The differences between consumer devices and medical devices.
• The role of medical devices as drivers or facilitators of behaviour change.
• The role of digital health apps in eHealth.
• The future directions of digital health in clinical practice.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Autonomous Student Learning||
|Field Trip/External Visits||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Assignment: Students will be required to complete and submit a literature review and analysis report on a topic related to this subject area.||Coursework (End of Trimester)||n/a||Graded||Yes||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, on an activity or draft prior to summative assessment
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
Individual feedback will provided alongside provisional grades within 30 working days of submission on Brightspace.
|Mr Rob Argent||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Dr Ciara Duignan||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Dr William Johnston||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Dr Alison Keogh||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|