Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module students should be able to;
• Apply nutritional knowledge to identify relevant modifiable risk factors which determine health in the population.
• Develop appropriate study designs and methods to examine nutritional risk factors in a target population.
• Extract, manage, analyse and interpret nutritional data to answer specific research questions.
• Apply nutritional epidemiological approaches to identify challenges, to understand their determinants and to develop strategies and policies that improve health in the population.
Diet and population health status
Assessment of nutritional status
Determinants of nutritional status
Managing nutritional data
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Research Methods in Epidemiology PHPS40010
Use of SPSS software
Food Science, Nutrition or Health-related modules
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Assignment: Proposal||Week 8||n/a||Graded||No||
|Assignment: Data analysis||Week 12||n/a||Graded||Yes||
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|In-Module Resit||Prior to relevant Programme Exam Board|
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
Individual grades and group feedback will be provided following both assessments. Individual feedback available at request.