Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
Upon completion of this module students will have demonstrated the ability to:
1. Seek out an appropriate sport/exercise opportunity to which they can apply their skills effectively.
2. Plan and implement a short term program of sport/exercise science support, adhering to accepted health and safety practices.
3. Critically choose appropriate methods of evaluation of human performance specific to the particular client(s)/athlete(s) and intervention.
4. Reflect on their own experiences and practice through a process of focused self-enquiry on feelings and events
5. Interact efficaciously with other sport practitioners (Coaches, Physiotherapists and Physicians), engaging in positive and constructive discussion.
6. Report clearly and logically the outcomes of the intervention in an interesting and professional manner.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Autonomous Student Learning||
PERS20190 Testing and Evaluation of Human Performance
PERS20170 Optimisation of Human Performance
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Assignment: Written assignment on evaluation of intervention||Coursework (End of Trimester)||n/a||Graded||No||
|Presentation: Oral presentation to include needs analysis, rationale for intervention, intervention schedule, evaluation plan||Week 5||n/a||Graded||Yes||
|Journal: Reflective Journal||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, on an activity or draft prior to summative assessment
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
• Peer review activities
• Self-assessment activities
Not yet recorded.