Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
Upon completion of the module students should have
• Understanding of population scale genomics initiatives.
• Understand the role of ancestry and population structure.
• Knowledge of the pathway of a drug target within the Pharmaceutical industry
• Some insight into the evaluation of a potential drug target and how a population genomics approach influence this.
• Understand the importance of Ethics and Data Security.
• Understanding of population scale genomics business models and their sustainability.
• Some knowledge of Drug repurposing and the role of Pharmacogenomics and Companion diagnostics.
• Communicate and debate the field to differing audiences with different levels of domain expertise.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|In-Module Resit||Prior to relevant Programme Exam Board|
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
Following in course assessment group feedback will be given.