Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
At the end of this module, students should be able to:
• Demonstrate an understanding of OSH principle;
• Demonstrate ability to create and develop original ideas on OSH topic (s) relevant to the student’s workplace and present a project on OSH in the workplace context;
• Present with good communication and presentation skills in the classroom;
• Demonstrate good knowledge of OSH and application of OSH including risk assessment and developing appropriate recommendations for risk control to a certain workplace.
• Apply OSH knowledge, including related legislation, guidance and human factors, to the real world based on knowledge gained throughout the programme.
The learning outcomes of this module are consistent with achieving the objectives of SDG 3 Good Health and SDG 8 Decent Work from an occupational health and wellbeing perspective.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|In-Module Resit||Prior to relevant Programme Exam Board|
• Feedback individually to students, on an activity or draft prior to summative assessment
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
Student will receive a provisional individual grade in Brightspace within 20 working days of the submission date of the assignment (A, B, C etc. as per UCD grade descriptors). The grade will contribute to the student final’s grade for the module. Each student will receive an assignment feedback sheet on Brightspace.
|Assoc Professor Conor Buggy||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Workshop||Offering 51||Week(s) - 26||Tues 09:00 - 09:50|
|Workshop||Offering 51||Week(s) - 30||Tues 09:00 - 09:50|
|Workshop||Offering 51||Week(s) - 36||Tues 09:00 - 12:50|
|Workshop||Offering 51||Week(s) - 27||Tues 09:00 - 16:50|