Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
• Expand their repertoire of teaching, learning, assessment and education technology strategies to promote a more engaging
and enjoyable experience for teachers and students
• Approach teaching more creatively through discussion and collaboration with peers
• Utilise relevant research and data to ensure an evidence-based approach to your teaching practice
• Design effective and efficient learning opportunities at module and/or programme level
• Compile a critically reflective portfolio of teaching practice and document progress as an educator
• Decide on future continuing professional development needs.
Students will explore the pragmatic aspects of teaching and learning and the associated challenges. The focus of this module is the preparation for the educator role.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Cont Professional Development||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Continuous Assessment: A Portfolio that includes:
1) Teaching Philosophy
2) Reflection on teaching practice (including presentation of creative reflection)
3) Supervised teaching hours
4) Assessment of teaching
|Varies over the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|Repeat (CFP)||Within Three Semesters|
• Feedback individually to students, on an activity or draft prior to summative assessment
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Peer review activities
Not yet recorded.
|Dr Freda Browne||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Dr Wayne Thompson||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|