Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
• Implement an innovative approach to the development of learning and teaching and learning approaches for health
• Integrate relevant educational, professional and disciplinary knowledge and expertise in teaching practice.
• Create and design effective learning experiences for students in a range of learning contexts, including small and large
groups, seminars, tutorials, blended learning, supported distance learning, and clinical skills and simulations.
• Plan and implement teaching strategies that actively engage students in their learning taking
• Create and enhance a learning environment that facilitates students and practitioners to achieve their learning outcomes.
• Demonstrate a critical understanding of the factors necessary for the development of a clinical learning environment
including criteria for audit and the process of monitoring.
This module aims to broaden and build students’ repertoire of teaching strategies. Students will consider the techniques and strategies of teaching groups and will have an opportunity to develop and practice their skills. Students will explore the concept of “student engagement” and will examine how to: (1) incorporate active learning strategies into their classes and (2) use technologies to support teaching and promote student interest. Approaches to skills teaching in simulated and clinical practice settings are also addressed
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Cont Professional Development||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Continuous Assessment: Attendance and participation at Workshop/Seminar. Pre-workshop reading and engagement in class discussion,
This module is assessed using the preparation of a Teaching Portfolio
|Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|Repeat||Within Two Trimesters|
• Feedback individually to students, on an activity or draft prior to summative assessment
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Self-assessment activities
Not yet recorded.
|Dr Freda Browne||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Dr Lorraine Carroll||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Dr Wayne Thompson||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|