Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On successful completion of the module students should be able to:
1. Understand the anatomy of sensory pathways and sensory receptors
2. Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the optics and physiology of vision
3. Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the physiology of cutaneous receptors, hearing and balance, gustation and olfaction.
3. Provide experience of computer aided learning.
4. Learn skills in communicating neuroscience concepts in a clear and scientific manner.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Essay: Essay on topic from Module||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Examination: Final Exam in Exam period at end trimester on all topics covered||2 hour End of Trimester Exam||No||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Class Test: MCQ Exam||Unspecified||n/a||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
|Autumn||Yes - 2 Hour|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
MCQ exam results individual feedback. Essay feedback individual
|Dr Olga Baron||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Assoc Professor Nuala Brady||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Assoc Professor Caroline Herron||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|