Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module, students should be able to:
1. Design and perform experiments using the techniques learned in their research project.
2. Analyse and critically-evaluate scientific data using appropriate IT skills.
3. Perform a literature search on a specific topic in neuroscience and write a literature review.
4. Make an oral presentation.
5. Write a scientific report.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Continuous Assessment: Assessment of practical ability and application.
Students will also be required to submit a written assignment that is specific to their project at the end of week 5. as part of their engagement
|Lab Report: Report on the background, methods and results of the project||Coursework (End of Trimester)||n/a||Graded||Yes||
|Continuous Assessment: Oral presentation of the project and results||Unspecified||n/a||Graded||No||
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|Repeat||Within Two Trimesters|
• Feedback individually to students, on an activity or draft prior to summative assessment
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Peer review activities
Not yet recorded.
|Professor John O'Connor||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|