Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On successful completion of the module students should be able to:
1. Critically evaluate recent research findings in synaptic plasticity including LTP and LTD.
2. Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the molecular mechanisms of LTP.
3. Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the mechanisms of endocannabinoid signaling in the hippocampus.
4. Discuss the application of modern research methods to studying problems in the field of synaptic plasticity.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
An understanding of membrane biology such as BMOL30080 or equivalent learning is recommended
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
|Spring||Yes - 2 Hour|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
Not yet recorded.
|Assoc Professor Caroline Herron||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Dr Steven Middleton||Tutor|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 1, 2, 3, 4||Mon 14:00 - 14:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 1, 2, 3, 4||Thurs 10:00 - 10:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 1, 2, 4||Tues 10:00 - 10:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 3||Tues 10:00 - 10:50|