Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
- Give an overview of the history and development of Ethnomusicology
- Critically assess the evolution of theory and concepts in Ethnomusicology
- Discuss and critically evaluate contemporary issues in Ethnomusicology
- Draw on knowledge of selected world music traditions as appropriate
- Contribute to a discussion on the nature of music
|Student Effort Type
|Autonomous Student Learning
|Seminar (or Webinar)
Not applicable to this module.
|% of Final Grade
|Presentation: Seminar presentation of selected readings
|Varies over the Trimester
|Essay: Final essay on a topic selected from those designated by the coordinator.
|Coursework (End of Trimester)
|Continuous Assessment: Preparation of and contribution to seminars/webinars.
|Throughout the Trimester
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Peer review activities
Verbal feedback on contribution to seminars will be provided individually to students at mid-trimester, and again at end of trimester. Individual written feedback will be providual to students once end-of-trimester essays have been graded. A combination of peer review (verbal) and coordinator feedback (verbal and written) will be provided to students upon completion of the in-class presentations.
|Ms Emma Gregg