Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
At the end of this module students should be:
- confident and competent in the use of library and online research tools
- able to find books, scores and other printed materials in a research library
- able to distinguish between reliable and unreliable resources
- able to produce a comprehensive literature review on a given topic
- fully conversant with at least one reputable style guide
Guide to library and online research resources
Diverse approaches to research
Critical use of information and interpretation of evidence in building an argument or thesis
Academic writing skills - especially in the construction of bibliographies, academic papers, abstracts, conference papers and literature reviews
Developing confidence and competence in the use of style guides
|Student Effort Type
|Seminar (or Webinar)
|Specified Learning Activities
|Autonomous Student Learning
Not applicable to this module.
|% of Final Grade
|Portfolio: Compiling a bibliography/reference list.
Writing an abstract.
Preparation of oral presentation.
Critical review and Literature review.
|Continuous Assessment: Based on attendance, preparation and participation in seminars.
|Throughout the Trimester
|Prior to relevant Programme Exam Board
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Peer review activities
• Self-assessment activities
Not yet recorded.