Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
* An understanding of the mass ordinary as a musical genre in the long eighteenth century
* An understanding of the mass as a pathway to the development of the musical artwork
* A familiarity with the structural, expressive and aesthetic components of the mass as a musical genre during the High Baroque and Classical periods.
1. The Mass in Vienna, c. 1700-1740
2. The Mass in B minor by J.S. Bach and its contextual agencies
3. The Austrian Court Mass in the later eighteenth century
|Student Effort Type
|Autonomous Student Learning
Not applicable to this module.
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
Students will receive feedback post assessment