Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
• Analyse different genres of academic, journalistic and other texts on music to assess their structure and style;
• Practice how to find relevant information (and distinguish it from irrelevant information);
• Develop an understanding of different writing styles suiting different tasks;
• Practice writing in a clear, comprehensible, and informative style;
• Practice adherence to a given word count;
• Assess and compare the work of other students in class;
• Plan and structure an academic essay;
• Develop their stylistic security and versatility.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Assignment: Song Review||Week 3||n/a||Graded||No||
|Essay: Essay (1,500 words)||Week 12||n/a||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, on an activity or draft prior to summative assessment
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Peer review activities
Drafts will receive individual formative feedback from other students, and from tutors and the lecturer. Students will then revise their texts on the basis of this feedback. The final versions will receive summative feedback from tutors and lecturer.