Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completing this module students should be able to:
* Demonstrate a good understanding of some of the practices, challenges, and opportunities characterising the digital society.
* See companies and other organizations in the context of the broader digital society in which they operate
* Understand the role of technology in this context
* Assess the potentials and risks of technology in practice
* Understand the evolving nature of cybercrime.
* Be able to recognise the most common cybersecurity threats.
* Become familiar with the best tactics to mitigate contemporary cybersecurity threats.
* Demonstrate enhanced communication skills in writing and presenting
* Demonstrate enhanced skills in working collaboratively.
Platforms and platform capitalism
Global information systems
Politics in the digital world
Crime and punishment in the digital society
Introduction to Cybersecurity
OpSec: Operational Security
Common Threats: Phishing
Common Threats: Malware
Case Study: HSE Ransomware cyber attack
NB: These themes may change.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Group Project: Your task is to propose a "Good, Post-Capitalist, Web3 Venture”.||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Examination: On-line examination.||2 hour End of Trimester Exam||Yes||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
|Spring||Yes - 2 Hour|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Peer review activities
Group project feedback: just-in-time guidance and post-assessment peer review. Inter-group and Intra-group peer review. Terminal examination feedback: Available as per normal university procedures.
|Dr Paul Dylan-Ennis||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Dr Gianluca Miscione||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12||Mon 13:00 - 14:50|
|Lecture||Offering 2||Week(s) - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12||Mon 16:00 - 17:50|