Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On the competition of this module, the students should be able to:
1. Recognize the fundamental aspects of quality control, lean and six-sigma.
2. Apply statistical process control techniques to determine process behaviours.
3. Conduct a value stream analysis to improve the information flows within an organization.
4. Use customer requirements to make design and improvement decisions.
5. Design engineering experiments and perform statistical analysis on the data obtained thereby improving quality.
The assessment strategy for this module would be based on an end-of-semester project assignment that need to be contributing to/based on a part of your Ph.D. or Master degree research project. Final mark would be a Fail/Pass grade.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|In-Module Resit||Prior to relevant Programme Exam Board|
• Feedback individually to students, on an activity or draft prior to summative assessment
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
Not yet recorded.
|Dr Pezhman Ghadimi||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|