Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completing this module, students should be able to:
- Complete a comprehensive literature review
- Identify a clear research problem and supporting objectives
- Select and apply an appropriate methodology and research design
- Gather appropriate data, analyse it, and present research findings.
- Interpret findings and develop sensible recommendations.
- Outline a roadmap of solution implementation for the relevant party (industry or academic)
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Presentation: Final presentation to be done at UCD by the end of the Spring Trimester. A separate presentation may be required depending on the Entry university requirement.||Coursework (End of Trimester)||n/a||Graded||No||
|Project: Interim group report||Varies over the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Project: Final report assessment where students will need to submit individual project reports (even if the project is done in a group) to UCD and a separate one to the Entry university if required.||Coursework (End of Trimester)||n/a||Graded||Yes||
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|In-Module Resit||Prior to relevant Programme Exam Board|
• Feedback individually to students, on an activity or draft prior to summative assessment
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
• Peer review activities
The students will work with academic and industrial supervisors. Both supervisors will provide continuous feedback on the progress of the students within their projects. Final feedback will be provided at the end of the module where the students will understand their strengths and weakness in an accomplished project.